Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chinese Mid Autumn Moon Festival

Tonight we celebrated The Chinese Mid Autumn Moon Festival with our FWCC group. It was a beautiful afternoon and evening. This was an actual picture of the moon that we could see at the festival. Nickolas won one of the games. The older children had to put grapes in their mouth and say Chinese Mid Autumn Moon Festival in Mandarin. Who ever could put the most grapes in their mouth and still be understood saying the phrase was the winner. Nickolas had twelve grapes in his mouth! Meilynn played a traditional game with eggs. The person who didn't break their hard boiled egg was the winner. Meilynn broke hers with the first try. Meilnn enjoyed making a lantern for her flashlight. We all walked the trail with our lanterns to view the moon and stars through the telescope. We had a great time celebrating The Chinese holiday.

I couldn't help but think when I was looking in the sky at the moon..... I thought about how this same moon shown in the skies of China eight hours ago. This made me think of Meilynn's birth parents and how grateful I am for the gift they have given me. I just want her birth parents to know that Meilynn has a lot of wonderful people in her life that care about her and love her so much. She is experiencing so much, learning every day, she is growing into a beautiful pre schooler and is filling our lives with so much joy and love. I really can't imagine my life without her, but at the same time my heart aches for her birth parents and what they are missing. I hope somewhere deep in their hearts they know how much she is loved by her forever family. Our two families will be forever connected even though we don't know who they are.